The unhinged Brooklyn wigmaker charged with killing a 35-year-old mom and her two young daughters in a horrific weekend car wreck told cops she was “haunted inside” after the crash – and denied she hurt anyone, prosecutors revealed Thursday.
Miriam Yarimi, 32, wearing a yellow hospital gown and with her hair neatly cut, was arraigned on manslaughter charges by webcam from her NYU Langone Hospital bed and was ordered held without bail five days after the deadly crash.
“The devil’s in my eyes,” she allegedly told police at the hospital after the crash, prosecutors said. “I’m haunted inside.
“Where’s my phone? My phone was left in the car. My phone is still on scene,” Yarimi allegedly rambled. “I need CT scans in my eyes. I need to get scanning done now. I need to get my eyes scanned again. The devil is in my eyes.”
The bizarre rant followed the horrific Saturday afternoon crash on Ocean Parkway that killed 32-year-old Natasha Saada and her two daughters, Diana, 8, and Debra, 5 – and critically injured their 4-year-old kid brother, Philip, who lost a kidney and continues to fight for his life at Maimonides Medical Center.
Yarimi was driving her 2023 Audi A3 sedan at up to 50 mph in the 25-mph zone when she allegedly blew through a red light and slammed into a 2023 Toyota Camry operating as an Uber, according to police and law enforcement sources.
The Audi flipped over and mowed down the Saada family, while leaving another mother and her three children in the Uber injured, along with the 63-year-old driver.
Yarimi allegedly told first responders she had “the devil in me” when they arrived.
She was arrested and taken to NYU Langone Hospital – Brooklyn, also known as Lutheran Langone, where she was held until her arraignment — and allegedly made her deranged comments.
“Take me out of these cuffs,” she yelled, according to prosecutors. “Why can’t you uncuff me? I am a wigmaker. Where’s my daughter? My daughter is always in my heart. My daughter is in New Jersey right now.
“I need to use the bathroom. I don’t want to pee in the pan. Why can’t I go to a regular bathroom? I don’t want to use a pan. Uncuff me.”
Yarimi then demanded a lawyer and said she would not speak to police, according to the complaint.
Yarimi is obsessed with fast cars, with one former friend saying she boasted about having “a need for speed,” according to acquaintances and social media posts.
Postings on her Instagram and TikTok accounts are laced with bizarre and paranoid conspiracy theories, including a claim that iconic starlet Marilyn Monroe was killed by the CIA for spilling government secrets to former Cuban dictator Fidel Castro.
Here is the latest on Miriam Yarimi and the Brooklyn crash that killed mom, 2 kids:
In a post last month, she claimed she found a hidden camera in the bathroom of her Midwood apartment.
She’s also battled the NYPD, and scored a $2 million settlement in December after claiming in a lawsuit that she was repeatedly raped by a former cop from the time she was 14.
In January, she filed a notice of claim — an announcement of the intent to sue — after claiming she was manhandled by New York’s Finest in October when they showed up to take her for psychiatric evaluation at a local hospital, where she was held for two weeks.
Yarimi posted the entire encounter on Instagram.
The claim calls for $5 million in damages.
Yarimi did not speak during Thursday’s court proceedings, other than to acknowledge questions from Judge Jevet Johnson.
She was arraigned on a slew of charges, including manslaughter, criminally negligent homicide, reckless endangerment, second-degree assault and several traffic violations.
Her next court date is scheduled for Friday.